FHSA Membership is open to representatives of Head Start, Early Head Start, Migrant and Seasonal Head Start, American Indian/Alaska Native Head Start grantees or delegate agencies and community partners who, by virtue of their positions, interests, experience and training can contribute to the purpose of the Association.
The Association includes the following four Affiliate groups:
- Directors Group: Members are directors or persons designated the operational/administrative responsibility of a grantee.
- Staff Members Group: Members are employed by a Florida program and do not belong to any other membership group.
- Parents Group: Members are parents or legal guardians of children currently enrolled or have been enrolled in a program within the past year.
- Friends Group: Members are not part of the Directors, Staff or Parent Groups, and are community partners who can contribute to the purpose of the Association such as grantee CEOs, board members and others.
Membership Dues are based on the Association’s fiscal year, October 1 through September 30, and should be paid within 90 days of October 1. The Association has two categories of dues.
- Agency Dues: Based on the number of children served by the grantee. With the payment of agency dues, one executive director, one Head Start director, all staff, and all parents are granted all the rights and privileges of membership. The current Agency Dues amount, as approved by the Board of Directors, $5.00 per child served by the grantee.
- Non-Program Affiliated Dues: (Friends Membership Category) Based on Annual Membership for one person, eligible for Friend Membership as defined by the By-laws. With the payment of Non-program Affiliated Dues, the member has all the rights and privileges of membership. The current Non-program Affiliated Dues amount, as approved by the Board of Directors, is $50.00 per year.
Those seeking membership into the Florida Head Start Association, Inc. should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.