FHSA Member Benefits
The Florida Head Start Association (FHSA) is committed to providing strong leadership and advocacy to promote quality programs and services for the Head Start community. The Association's membership is comprised of Head Start directors, staff, parents, and friends.
Annual FHSA membership assists us in our continuing goal of providing a powerful voice for Florida low-income children and their families. The families of Head Start greatly benefit from the wide spectrum of services and quality education that each program supplies.
Access to Industry News
- Current updates on legislative developments in Tallahassee
- Coverage of national Head Start legislative and regulatory issues
- Participation in policy development and state decision making
- Monthly Newsletter and Alerts focused on sector specific issues important to you
Professional Development and Member Resources
- Training events, seminars, focus groups, and content specific trainings
- Building relationships and collaborative partnerships with other Florida Head Start professionals
- Access to leaders in the Head Start community
- FHSA "Members Only Center" currently under development to provide downloadable tools kits
- Make connections by joining and/or leading Affiliate Groups and Committees through volunteerism
- Be elected to serve on the FHSA Board of Directors
- Ability to serve as a Regional representative to the RIVHSA Board of Directors