The Florida Head Start Association (FHSA) is committed to providing strong leadership and advocacy to promote quality programs and services for the Head Start community. The Association's membership is comprised of Head Start directors, staff, parents, and friends.
Annual FHSA membership assists us in our continuing goal of providing a powerful voice for Florida low-income children and their families. The families of Head Start greatly benefit from the wide spectrum of services and quality education that each program supplies.
Florida-specific and national Head Start information delivered fast
- Current updates on legislative developments in Tallahassee
- Coverage of national Head Start legislative and regulatory issues
- Participation in policy development and state decision making
Professional Development and Membership Resources
- Association sponsored conferences, seminars, focus groups, and content specific cluster trainings
- Networking opportunities with Florida Head Start professionals
- Membership Newsletter and Association Website
Membership Advocacy and Leadership Opportunities
- Join and/or lead Affiliate Groups, Special Interest Groups, or Association Committees
- Be elected to serve on the FHSA Board of Directors
- Serve as a Regional or National representative to the National Head Start Association